Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Irish Wedding Traditions - The Blessing

I absolutely love this time of year! March 1st comes around and not only do we know that spring is just around the corner, but it means Irish season has officially begun! My family has always been very proud of our Irish history all year round, but during March we get to celebrate the culture and traditions with the rest of the world. If you take a couple of minutes to look around, you'll see Irish bands, parades, and fundraisers all around for the next few weeks.

For the past few years I've wanted to take the opportunity to share some Irish Wedding Traditions that I've come across over the years. Each year March has come and gone and I've not gathered my Irish thoughts together to share. But this is the year! All thru March I'll post some of my favorite traditions, sayings, and customs that relate to weddings in Ireland.

I thought it would be fitting to start March off with sharing a traditional Irish Wedding Blessing. I hope you enjoy the Irish Wedding traditions, Slainte!



























No comments: